Dates of Trip: January 6-15, 2012
Work Team Members:
- Ray Long
- Teresa Long
- Doug Brubaker
- Danielle Herr
- John Hess
- Lisa Hess
- Matthew Sailer
- Marlin Weaver
We are looking for Care Team volunteers to help plan for and pray for this trip.
Expected Meetings for Work Team, and Care Team:
Wednesday, 12/7, 7:00 pm at Neffsville Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall
Final Pre-Trip Suitcase-Packing Meeting for Work Team,
Wednesday, 1/4/2012, 7:00 pm at Neffsville Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall
Purpose of Trip:
1. To work on a project that will help to “Continue the Ministry of Christ” through Radio Lumiere.
(We plan to finish the installation and start-up of a Christian radio station near Les Cayes, Haiti during this trip).
2. Support and encourage the staff at Radio Lumiere.
3. Create an opportunity for our team members to hear God talking to us about His work world-wide, and
our place in His work.
4. Create relationships between Haitian Christians and our team members that will last beyond this trip.
Types of Activities that we expect (Please be flexible):
- Encourage Haitian Christians (who are dealing with many hardships)
- Construction work (with paint brush, wrench, or hammer)
- Assist with putting up a radio tower and antenna
- Help with electrical or electronic work, or hooking up an antenna.
Fundraisers: (Expected trip costs per person: $1,950)
(Plus we need money for equipment and supplies)
- Cloister Car Wash ticket sales: ($8.00 each – for Nov. 1st to Dec. 1st)
- Wednesday Night Out fundraiser meal (Dec. 7th, 5:30-6:30pm at Neffsville Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall)
Any donations for this trip are appreciated. Please make your check out to “Neffsville Mennonite Church” and in the memo line indicate that it is for “Haiti Mission Trip-2012”.
Thanks for your prayers, encouragement & support!
For information contact: Ray Long at HaitiMissionTrip @ gmail.com